3.14.2008

Newsy

Conrad has gone back to Nevada. I miss the big guy. Austin says he might be back. My guess is he won’t be. I’m dying to get back to base myself. But this is what I get paid to do.

What I do NOT get paid to do is burn the macaroni and cheese. Probably a good thing. Otherwise I might do it more often. And if I did, Pete would probably kill me. And that would not be a good thing.

I’ve learned a lot since I’ve been in Texas. Whatever you do, do not agree to loan out your pillow. Big guys drool. Do not trust the tech guy when he can’t actually see what you’re doing. (No, do not put your finger in that socket. Scott, buddy, next time, just say no. I will obey.) Never forget the open bag of potato chips outside – the raccoon WILL return.

I said I would miss the country. I will. But today is a day I miss home. Hang in there, Katie. We’re rooting for ya.

Goodnight, ladies and gentlemen.