2.09.2016

Darkness

Sometimes I like the dark. It hides the bad. The tears. The unwanted. The fear. Some people are afraid of the dark. But not me. It's like a warm blanket to shield from everything that harms. Without darkness, one would never be able to see the stars.

My perspectives are different than most. I don't know why. Was I always this way? Or only after the accident? I wish I could remember. The darkness hides that, too. Those are the only dark moments I don't like. The moments when I want to remember so badly, I could scream. Or walk off a bridge. It's not that I dislike what I've got, or that the world is such a bad place. The light of my life lives here. But sometimes I get so tired. So tired of fighting off the obsession. It craves answers - answers that seem to be non-existent. But if I walked off a bridge, I'd finally know. But I'd leave behind the light of my life. And I can't.

It never ends - this circle of light and dark. People count the days by sunrises and sunsets. I count the days by the moon and stars. The night sky is my sky. It's dark. It hides the tears.