6.15.2009

Stuck

You'd think a guy could catch a break just once. Well, not when your name is Brent Franklin. Just a simple trip back to Texas to pick up my stuff and get someone else settled at my post, right? Shouldn't take more than a day or two, right? Uh-huh. I guess the guys down in Arizona didn't think I needed to get back to base in a timely manner. How come I always get blamed for being late?

Even then, when I finally did get back on the road, I had two flat tires, one maniac taxi driver, I got called in to the Arizona base for a week, then my car broke down once I left there. Is Someone trying to tell me something, or what? Sorry Reese, guess I forgot to call... again.

Things are too hectic right now anyway. Sure am glad Angel wound up well and back at the ranch, but now it's Katie that has us worried. Hang in there, kiddo. They'll get you out. I may be stuck on the road, but I'm still praying.